Detail-oriented professional with over 8 years of experience with companies and organizations such as Global Vision Holdings, FORGE54 and VALTRA, Inc. and a published illustrator with additional work experience designing for healthcare and finance companies.
Skills include: magazine layouts, branding, mobile app design, logos, and UI design, advertising, and social media management.
Software Skills: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and Dreamweaver.
GLOBAL VISION HOLDINGS, INC., Irvine, CA
2014 – present
Creative Director / Publisher
Design for Global Vision Holdings and its subsidiary Places Magazine.Manage these and other responsibilities independently and efficiently.
• Create three magazine spreads for Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.
• Re-designed the outdated travel magazine to rave reviews.
• Layout the magazine and design magazine spreads for advertisers such as Legoland, Warner Bros., Universal Studios, Six Flags and Medieval Times
• Design the restaurant section with pictures and editorial.
• Upload the magazine for publishing every 21st of the month.
• Finished the design of the magazine app within 6 months when past designers could not.
• Was proactive in finding a developer for the app within budget.
• Update the app monthly with events.
• Took over abandoned social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr)
• Post at least once a day on all accounts.
• Update the TV Guide every month.
• Create a Places Magazine newsletter and sent it out weekly with fresh events.
• Re-designed Places Magazine’s letterhead.
• Re-designed the Places Magazine website and update it monthly with new events.
• Upload the magazine to ISSUU.comand placed the digital version on the website.
GLOBAL VISION HOLDINGS
• Re-designed the company logo to fit the modern age.
• Design press releases, marketing collateral, and other branding.
• Took over abandoned social media accounts and post at least once a day on Twitter & Instagram
LONG BEACH BUSINESS JOURNAL, Long Beach, CA
2013 – 2014
• Retouched photos and checked for color density. Created ads for clients such as Wells Fargo, Buick, and Aquarium of the Pacific.
• Designed and prepared covers for the Destinations and Employee Times Magazine.
• Modernized magazine and newsletter to appeal to younger generation.
• Spoke to clients and collaborated with the editor on designs and color.
• Assisted the editor, taught him new ways to use the design programs especially Photoshop.
VALTRA INC., Pico Rivera,CA
2012 – 2013
Catalog / Print Designer
• Created catalogs for company subsidiaries, including Valtra, BuildPro, Siegmund, and GoodHand.
Designed ads for magazines, such as Performance Racing.
• Completed main Valtra catalog within two months with great attention to detail.
• Valtra was finally able to re-vamped its website using my catalog design.
• Sales and calls for the Valtra line increased after a 3 year lull.
• Modernized company’s BuildPro 15-year-old logo.
LIFE AND TIMES MAGAZINE, Hollywood, CA
Print Designer / Marketing Assistant / Intern
• Created flyers, brochures, and magazine layouts.
• Helped organize fundraisers and events such as the The Glamour of Life and Times fiesta and the
Annual African Goodwill Awards.
• Many prominent members of LA society were present including the mayors of the cities of Carson, Hawthorne, and Torrance.
• Designed the promotional booklet for the events that were sold to benefit the magazine.
THE OUTDOOR RECREATION GROUP, Los Angeles, CA
• Clipped and color-changed their products including bags, water bottles, and fishing gear.
• Worked closely with both the Creative and Art Directors.
• Helped lessen the workload and increased productivity in three week’s time.
INTERNSHIPS AND OTHER FREELANCE WORK 2006-present
Designed flyers, brochures, book covers and other material for various clients and companies such as: The LAGRANT Foundation, SavingsinOC, Autism Speaks, City of Fullerton, CSUF, Bourbon Street Bar, R&B Singer Meaku, GFK Home Healthcare, VH1, FORGE 54, and many others.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art / Graphic Design – CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY – FULLERTON, 2012
Member – The Professional Association for Design (AIGA), 2010 – Present
AD2OC (creators of FORGE54), 2014 – present