UI/UX Designer w/ Proficiency in Print
Creative UI/UX designer specialized in wire-framing, responsive layouts, logos, branding and strategy, and all things print design. I’ve collaborated with hundreds of clients and organizations including Mayweather, OC Goodwill, Fitocracy, XPT and FORGE54, where I currently serve on the board as Membership chair.
Not only do I design, I also illustrate, creative write, and proofread articles, stories and other written content.
Skills include: UI/UX design, HTML, print/logo design, mockups for app/websites, product management.
Software Skills: Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign, Skitch, WordPress
MAB VENTURES, Santa Ana, CA
Product Manager / Lead UI/UX Designer
2016 – present
Oversaw the development of all the digital marketing products at MAB such as websites, mobile apps and retargeting ads for SEO purposes. Worked closely with the company’s development team to make sure each product was designed well and delivered on time.
Other duties included:
– facilitating meetings in-house to come up with website re-design strategies.
– wire-framing and designing website mockups.
– managing the web developers and making sure the site looks and functions correctly.
– updating client at every step throughout the design process.
– developing strategies for website launch including installing GA tags and SSL certs, creating walkthrough instructions for using the site, and creating email addresses if need be.
– maintaining client websites and processing requests for site changes.
Client Sites Designed
Black EOE Journal
Hispanic Network Magazine
Professional Womans Magazine
Diversity in Steam Magazine
US Veterans Magazine
3838 by CLG
Options in Conception
Optometry at the Shops
Level Ten Health
California Landmark Group
Twenty Four Seven Hotels
Real Hawaiian Ice
and many more
GLOBAL VISION HOLDINGS, INC., Irvine, CA
Senior Graphic Designer
2014 – 2016
Designed for Global Vision Holdings and its subsidiary Places Magazine.
• Create three magazine spreads for Los Angeles, Orange County, and San Diego.
• Re-designed the outdated travel magazine to rave reviews.
• Layout the magazine and design magazine spreads for advertisers such as Legoland, Warner Bros., Universal Studios, Six Flags and Medieval Times
• Design the restaurant section with pictures and editorial.
• Upload the magazine for publishing every 21st of the month.
• Finished the design of the magazine app within 6 months when past designers could not.
• Was proactive in finding a developer for the app within budget.
• Update the app monthly with events.
• Took over abandoned social media accounts (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and Tumblr)
• Post at least once a day on all accounts.
• Update the TV Guide every month.
• Create a Places Magazine newsletter and sent it out weekly with fresh events.
• Re-designed Places Magazine’s letterhead.
• Re-designed the Places Magazine website and update it monthly with new events.
• Upload the magazine to ISSUU.comand placed the digital version on the website.
GLOBAL VISION HOLDINGS
• Re-designed the company logo to fit the modern age.
• Design press releases, marketing collateral, and other branding.
• Took over abandoned social media accounts and post at least once a day on Twitter & Instagram
LONG BEACH BUSINESS JOURNAL, Long Beach, CA
2013 – 2014
• Retouched photos and checked for color density. Created ads for clients such as Wells Fargo, Buick, and Aquarium of the Pacific.
• Designed and prepared covers for the Destinations and Employee Times Magazine.
• Modernized magazine and newsletter to appeal to younger generation.
• Spoke to clients and collaborated with the editor on designs and color.
• Assisted the editor, taught him new ways to use the design programs especially Photoshop.
VALTRA INC., Pico Rivera,CA
Catalog / Print Designer
2012 – 2013
• Created catalogs for company subsidiaries, including Valtra, BuildPro, Siegmund, and GoodHand.
Designed ads for magazines, such as Performance Racing.
• Completed main Valtra catalog within two months with great attention to detail.
• Valtra was finally able to re-vamped its website using my catalog design.
• Sales and calls for the Valtra line increased after a 3 year lull.
• Modernized company’s BuildPro 15-year-old logo.
LIFE AND TIMES MAGAZINE, Hollywood, CA
Print Designer / Marketing Assistant / Intern
2011 – 2012
• Created flyers, brochures, and magazine layouts.
• Helped organize fundraisers and events such as the The Glamour of Life and Times fiesta and the
Annual African Goodwill Awards.
• Many prominent members of LA society were present including the mayors of the cities of Carson, Hawthorne, and Torrance.
• Designed the promotional booklet for the events that were sold to benefit the magazine.
THE OUTDOOR RECREATION GROUP, Los Angeles, CA
• Clipped and color-changed their products including bags, water bottles, and fishing gear.
• Worked closely with both the Creative and Art Directors.
• Helped lessen the workload and increased productivity in three week’s time.
INTERNSHIPS AND OTHER FREELANCE WORK 2006-present
Designed flyers, brochures, book covers and other material for various clients and companies such as: The LAGRANT Foundation, SavingsinOC, Autism Speaks, City of Fullerton, CSUF, Bourbon Street Bar, R&B Singer Meaku, GFK Home Healthcare, VH1, FORGE 54, and many others.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL MEMBERSHIP
Bachelor of Fine Arts in Art / Graphic Design
CALIFORNIA STATE UNIVERSITY – FULLERTON, 2012
– The Professional Association for Design (AIGA), 2010 – Present
– AD2OC (creators of FORGE54), 2014 – present
– The Interaction Design Foundation, 2017 – present